Friday, February 4, 2011

[Avid-L2] OT: Letterbox vs Center Cut on Network Direct TV feeds?

 

On my direct tv satellite boxes which are SD I notice that NBC is usually letterboxed matching what I get off my DTV OTA receiver.  CBS and ABC seem to be center cut.  I believe sometimes in prime time things might be different on ABC but CBS is always Center cut at my home in LA.  Curious who makes the call for how these local network stations are displayed.  I don't know if it's a factor but my SD Direct TV boxes are some of the very first units on the market back when you had to buy the hardware.  If it is a hardware phenomena I'd expect all the local net affiliates to be centercut or letterboxed but not a mixture.  Is there some AFD metadata that is included at the station level or is this direct tv?   If I had my choice I'd like them all to show up letter boxed.  My set is fed video through svhs or composite video out of the satellite receiver.

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment