Thursday, December 23, 2010

[Avid-L2] Re: FCP chops one frame of Avid exported QT prores 422 HQ clip

 

These are shots that have no good region to stabilize so the Avid effect isn't to effective and smoothcam seems to do a pretty amazing job on these shots. You may be right about AE but I'd heard good things about smoothcam, I think it's something from shake IIRC. Since I don't use AE much I figured I'd try FCP.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Tim McLaughlin <mcltim.156@...> wrote:
>
> John - completely stupid question here...
>
> Why are you using FCP for this as opposed to AE, or even Avid's
> stabilization? Seems like more of a hassle to me...
>
> --
> Tim McLaughlin
> Final Cut and Avid Editor
> http://vimeo.com/mcltim
> www.mcltim.com
>
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM, johnrobmoore <bigfish@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Yeah I guess I could shot gun but I'm dealing with a finished sequence that
> > I'm pulling the clips from. You're right I could extend the shot before I
> > export then hopefully remember to trim it back when I import the clip. Right
> > now I've been doing the opposite and pulling back the the incoming shot a
> > frame. Shhhhhhh don't tell the offline guys I'm sure that one frame will
> > upset the comic timing to where the scene will lose all it's humor and once
> > again I'll be leaving the funny on the floor. ;-)
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment