Saturday, December 4, 2010

[Avid-L2] Re: EDL Manager Won't Open

 

I'd shot gun it by uninstalling avid and reinstalling the program along with the utilities. You can install the utilities at the same time if you choose custom install and check the utilities also so you get the whole shabang in on swoop. This has been my experience with mcsoft on my MBP, PC's are different as the patch is just a patch not a complete install so I won't speak to that platform. I have encountered issues with edl manager in the recent past around ver 3.5 and reinstalling worked then. I can't prove it but my recent experience has led me to always update the helper utility apps when I upgrade. It may not be necessary but I've been burned a few times and it's just my standard practice now. Of course there is always the chance edl manager might have a bad version but I haven't heard of that or experienced a problem on my mc 5.0.3.5 back to 5.0.3.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, David Dodson <davidadodson@...> wrote:
>
> We can't get EDL Manager to open on MC 5.0.3. When you open it, the latest versions, you get a Bus Thread error that crashes the application.
>
> Anyone know anything about this or how to get the darned think up and running?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David
>
>
> David Dodson
> davidadodson@...
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment