Thursday, July 1, 2010

[Avid-L2] Re: Trouble stopping a playing sequence (sometimes)

Hmm, as a matter of fact, I do have a Wacom Intuos 3 and have updated the drivers as they became available beginning with the first Snow Leo-compatible driver from Nov. 25, 2009 (we bought my Mac Pro/Adrenaline at the end of December, which is when I started using MC4). I can't specifically remember if I had this issue with that driver, but as soon as I get the opportunity (probably next week), I'll uninstall the current driver and install November's & see what happens.

Thanks for the advice! I'll post again here once I've done that and had some time to kick the tires on the old driver.

--Dave

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@...> wrote:
>
> Is there a wacom tablet on the system. This sounds like the wacom driver bug. You need to use an older wacom driver. The last time I had to go for a two year old driver on a pc. There has been a bug with the newer wacom drivers that makes avid keep playing when you hit stop and it's somewhat random. I've had the problem on pcs not on macs.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "dave_harrison_g87" <davealbumania@> wrote:
> >
> > I had this problem sometimes in Composer 4.0.5 also. Sometimes I'll be happily editing along, hit play, hit stop (Space Bar) at the right point, but Composer keeps playing. I end up pressing the space bar a bunch of times while clicking in the time line both amongst the clips (Smart Tools not enabled) and on the TC bar at the bottom of the timeline. At some magical, random point, Composer gets the message and stops, then spends a little time executing all the crazy commands I just gave it. I don't remember if this happened in an HD project or not; currently I'm working in a mostly SD format project, but this problem also happened in full SD projects in v4. Any thoughts?
> >
> > Here's the gear:
> >
> > Mac 10.6.3, 2x2.66GHz 8-core, 12GB Apple RAM w/updated Adrenaline BOB from the Composer 5 upgrade. Composer 5 upgrade was done according to the manual (unintall 4, install 5, etc).
> >
>


------------------------------------

Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged Chile: http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment