Sunday, June 20, 2010

[Avid-L2] MC5 Audio FAQ

The new audio functions in MC5 are phenomenal. So much potential there.

But there's a lot to take in so I thought I'd ask some of the obvious questions that I've failed to find answers for in TFM :)

1) RTAS track effects on a mono pair. Do I have to adjust each leg separately (I've discovered that I can alt-drag the effect across but adjusting on the fly only works on one track at a time)?

2) Which leads me to Stereo tracks. These are great and I know I can adjust my clips to be stereo clips which are then compatible. However, if I'm given a sequence cut pre v5 or by someone who doesn't want to be bothered with stereo tracks (ie all offline editors :)), is there a way I can convert a pair of mono tracks to stereo in a sequence. So far I've managed to alter the source clip then by match framing and cutting into a new stereo track I can "uprez" all the music on A5+6 to a new stereo track. This is very cumbersome, is there a shortcut?

3) The 5 RTAS channels per track are brilliant and together with the usual EQ and level controls I can achieve a nice mix very quickly. However, if I want to apply spot effects to individual clips, traditionally I can only add one EQ or Audiosuite effect to each. I'm sure I read that I could now nest these but when I tried it (and it sort of worked) I got an error on rendering. I can't step into the audio clip as far as I can tell but if I deleted the top AS effect it revealed an "unknown" effect which, when removed, revealed the first AS effect (I'd alt-dragged an AS preset on as I would with a picture effect).

Anyone got any answers or other such questions?

Add this new functionality to RT Intraframe effects and the AMA compatability and this is the biggest leap forward since the Symphony colour corrector. Congrats to Frank and the team for the work over the past few years!

Paul

------------------------------------

Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged Chile: http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment