Friday, May 28, 2010

[Avid-L2] Re: Motion effect

Sometimes I've found the timewarp motion effect is order dependent. Not on the system right now but I think I had to apply motion effect before a color correction effect. If a clip already color corrected I had to step in to apply a time warp. May not be related to your issue but thought it worth mentioning.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Lou Wirth <loutv@...> wrote:
>
> Oddly I was able to slo mo a qt import from After Effects. which is on
> the same media drive. But none of the clips in this or anyother
> project will allow a motion effect from the button or allow to drop
> timewarp. There are a few entries in the Archives regarding the
> VideoHoldFrame error I mentioned when switching users. But no real
> solutions came out. I still don't know if that error is related to
> the motion effect problem. Turned the Mojo DX off as well, no change.
> Lou
>
>
> On May 28, 2010, at 8:21 AM, Lou Wirth wrote:
>
> > It seems to be related to the VideoHoldFrame. I am trying some
> > different settings and getting some odd error messages with each
> > setting. I can click ok and move on but the issue is the same. Will
> > try and power down the Mojo DX.
> >
> > for instance
> >
> > Exception:HandleNitrisDownAndCrossConvert HY Resizer Enable Lava
> > Cammand Failed.
> >
> > and another:
> >
> > AME Resource Manager Reconfigure VideoHoldFrame () Error [-16777183]
> > unable to set VideoHoldFrame.
> >
> > Lou
> >
> >
> > On May 27, 2010, at 10:24 PM, Terence Curren wrote:
> >
> >> or a Multicam clip or a submaster...
> >>
> >> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Gutierrez <guanacaa@>
> >> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Lou, stupid question, but I'm assuming your source video track is
> >> enabled? The last time I got the beep when trying to make a
> >> traditional motion effect that's what I think it was about.
> >>> I myself use Timewarps, which I love. They allow me to strike
> >> templates of commonly used rates, and then I can easily apply them
> >> when needed.
> >>> Best
> >>> Shirley
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> -----Original Message-----
> >>> From: Lou Wirth <loutv@>
> >>> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> >>> Sent: Thu, May 27, 2010 6:07 pm
> >>> Subject: [Avid-L2] Motion effect
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Did something change about making a motion effect in MC 4.05? I
> >> guess
> >>> I have not made any slo-mo clip for some time. I alway have my
> >> Motion
> >>> effect button in the Source monitor buttons and always set my in and
> >>> out and clicked the button, voila, up comes the effect window and I
> >>> set the parameters. Today I tried and nothing happens when I click
> >>> the button. It just give me the Mac drip sound of inactive
> >>> function. I remapped the button to the timeline which opens the
> >>> Motion Effects Editor but will not allow any functionality. Did
> >>> something change or is something off here?
> >>>
> >>> thanks
> >>> Lou
> >>> Lou Wirth Productions
> >>> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> >>> Corte Madera, CA 94925
> >>> www.louwirth.com
> >>> 415-924-9411p
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> ------------------------------------
> >>>
> >>> Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged
> >> Chile:
> >>> http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq
> >>>
> >>> Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >>>
> >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Lou Wirth Productions
> > 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> > Corte Madera, CA 94925
> > www.louwirth.com
> > 415-924-9411p
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged
> > Chile: http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq
> >
> > Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>
> Lou Wirth Productions
> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> Corte Madera, CA 94925
> www.louwirth.com
> 415-924-9411p
>


------------------------------------

Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged Chile: http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment