Friday, April 9, 2010

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: strategy for adding HD to SD proj?

Thanks to both of you. As to Bogdan's suggestion I'd rather stay in
a SD project as 90% of the material is SD*. Also thanks for pointing
out the "latest qualified release for your PPC is 3.1.3"

>"Is there a viable strategy to will allow me to
>> integrate some flavor of HD into an 10-1 (off-line) SD timeline?"
>
>What format HD? If XDCam, just connect it via SD SDI and capture
>into the corresponding SD project type. (ie, if it's 1080i/60, use
>30i)
>

Kenton, yes I would like to capture into a SD project.

Based on a quick look XDCam doesn't seem to be an option, the
cameraman has a HPX170 and a Canon 5D. However HPX170 seems to offer
SDI out.

Paul

*Honestly I'm strongly leaning towards a SD master, but I enquire in
the event I shoot many more interviews and am pressed to deliver a HD
master.

>--- In <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com,
>Paul Dougherty <lists@...> wrote:
>>
>> Realizing NAB is about to start and consume all the oxygen I'm
>> rushing out this question. I have an SD (ntsc) legacy project* in
>> progress with the need to shoot more interviews. If the
>> headache/overhead was not too great I'd like to shoot in HD and cut
>> it in to the timeline of the on-going project. But since there is no
>> budget, I can't send it out to have SD work copies made through a
>> Teranex or whatever. Is there a viable strategy to will allow me to
>> integrate some flavor of HD into an 10-1 (off-line) SD timeline?
>>
>> *It's MC 2.7 MojoSDI - I own MC 3.5 but have not installed it, I'm
>> on a PPC G5 2.5
>>
>> I apologize for not taking the time to better research this before
>> posting but events and deadlines have crept up on me.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Paul
>>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged Chile: http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment