Friday, March 5, 2010

[Avid-L2] Re: Clip Colors Reappear Quandry?

I actually am dealing with the color of the master clips changing. Many of the editors cut from sub clips that may be the source of the color reverting back to something. I think having both bins open including the sub clips might get everything in sync but it might be buried in the sequence metadata and if a mob updates or the sequence gets relinked by someone else that might also be the culprit. Not a big deal but in makes me scratch my head and wonder. I think it all might fall under the blanket of MOB conflict that Steve Bayes use to talk about. Of course he found the solution to MOB conflict, work for Apple and FCP. ;-)

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Jay Mahavier <jay_mahavier@...> wrote:
>
> I've noticed that if I put a color on a subclip that is different than
> the master clip that after a while the subclip with switch back to the
> color of the master clip. This could be a thing where you need to go
> find the original master clip and change the color on that and then
> open the bins together so that the copy of the master clip then picks
> up the new color.
>
> I've found the same strangeness on adding comments. If I add comment
> text to a master clip the subclip will pick it up and keep it. If I
> add the comment text to the subclip then there is a good chance that
> it will go away or switch back to whatever the master clip has.
>
> Jay
>
> On Mar 5, 2010, at 10:36 AM, John Moore wrote:
>
> > I've been using clip colors to help me distinguish newly aquired
> > master clips for sequence additions or revisions. I take the
> > existing sequence master clips and remove all clip colors and then
> > the new clips I give a color usually blue. I can then sort and see
> > where I have new clips that will have similar color correction.
> > After a while I notice that suddenly I see clips with green and
> > yellow etc... Why are these colors returning after I removed
> > them? I haven't found the exact pattern of steps that makes them
> > appear but I'm curious if anyone else sees this behavior. I'm on
> > Mac SNDX 3.5.4.
> >
> > I'm finding clip colors are almost as hard as free loading relatives
> > to get rid of. I'd appreciate a solution to both my problems.
> > Anybody got a spare room for me to put my uh, well clip colors in so
> > they don't return? (biting my toungue) ;-)
> >
> >
> > John Moore
> >
> > Barking Trout Productions
> >
> > Studio City, CA
> >
> > bigfish@...
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged
> > Chile: http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq
> >
> > Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>


------------------------------------

Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged Chile: http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment