Friday, February 12, 2010

[Avid-L2] Re: Latent Activation Issue - Deactivated Dongle (MCsoft 3.5.9/MOJO/PC)

Thank you, Oliver, Bogdan & Marianna.

First off, let me say how grateful I am to you, and the rest of the forum, to have a place to get quick, friendly accurate feedback. I look forward to paying it forward as you have.

I took Marianna's advice and got in-touch with tech support. I was helped out by a gentleman named Alex. We confirmed that, as you suggested Marianna, somehow the software was not recognizing the dongle, now officially referred to as the "Hardware Key," and had simply gone through the second registration option, using my serial number and invalidating the hardware key.

Since I'd saved my dongle updater file, Alex helped me trash the files related to software registration, and we re-blasted the hardware key.

All seems well now, and I appreciate the quick feedback.

Thank you again.

--Jesse--

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "mariannamontagu" <marianna.montague@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Jesse,
>
> The dngle still remains for those that own a version that shipped with a dongle ( Pre 3.5). Anyone with a dongle can upgrade and either keep using the dongle or retire it and go SW licensing.
> Looks like the trial being on the system might have caused an issue here. When you go SW licensing as you would if using the Trial, files are written to the system so each time you launch. My guess is somehow the dongle got zapped as if you selected Optin #1 or #2.
> Easy to fix.
> Call 800-800-2843 and press option # 2, then press Option #2 again. This doesnt cost you a penny. Tell the tech you have 3.5.9 with dongle and also had the trial installed. Somehow the trial zapped your dongle and you would like them to send you a new updater.avd file so you can reset the dongle back. Be prepared to provie your system ID and dongle ID.
>
> HTH
> Marianna
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Jesstator" <jesstator@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Folks. Before you read on: Has Avid done away with the dongle?
> > Have I been buried under a rock and missed this news? If so, kick me in
> > the butt. If not, check this out and tell me what you think: I'm
> > running a fully licensed & registered copy of MCsoft v3.5.9 [with MOJO
> > (1st Generation)] on a qualified PC. It was upgraded from v3.5.4 to
> > v3.5.9 on November 9, 2009 via software purchased & downloaded from the
> > DigiDesign store. All pertinent serial numbers were entered upon
> > installation and inital launch. In my current configuration, the dongle
> > has been connected to the host computer via a USB hub since I acquired
> > the computer. For the past several months , beginning at about the
> > time the 30-day trial would have ended (I can't be specific because I
> > wasn't using the system every day), each time I launched the application
> > I'd get the following message: "Software Activation Failed: Please
> > contact customer support for further assistance" Clicking through this
> > message brought to the software activation window I saw when I upgraded.
> > The choices were: 1. Activate the software usning the computer's
> > internet connection 2. Activate by phone or by using another computer's
> > internet connection 3. (Your trial period has ended) [greyed out] 4.
> > I'm upgrading from a previous version and would like to continue using
> > my dongle. I figured since I'd already blasted my dongle and entered
> > my serial number this message should not have been appearing. About 99%
> > percent of the time, I'd click option 4, and the software continued to
> > initialize normally. However, last night, the software would not
> > launch because when I clicked option 4, I was directed to enter my
> > serial number again. When I did so, the application retuned an error
> > explaining that the "hardware key" was not found. I took than to mean
> > my trusty purple dongle. I tried connecting the dongle directly to the
> > host computer, and the software launched immediately -- no registration
> > screens. I then tried connecting the dongle back to the original USB
> > hub, and to a second hub (I have two hubs attached), and have found that
> > I always needed click option 4 on the software activation window in
> > order to initialize the program. After repeating this process a couple
> > of times, I got the window that required my serial number. Before I
> > entered the number I removed the dongle from the USB hub and connected
> > it directly to the host computer. When I clicked through I received a
> > message saying thet the hardware key would be upgraded. I clicked OK,
> > and the software launched normally. What I don't understand is why
> > this all happened in the first place. According to the Dongle Manager
> > the software was successfully upgraded from v3.5.4 on November 9, 2009.
> > The proper software serial number was entered at that time as well. I
> > also confirmed via Dongle Manager application that the dongle was
> > "blasted" to v3.5 on August 18, 2009, so that shouldn't have been an
> > issue. That information did not change after the dongle was supposedly
> > "upgraded" during the events listed in the previous paragraph. Now, as
> > I'm proof-reading the previous paragraph for accuracy, I run the Dongle
> > Manager again and the following information is displayed (I'm omitting
> > my System ID & Dongle Serial Numbers for security): Avid System ID:
> > [xxxxxxxxxx] Dongle Serial Number: [xxxxxxxx] Product: Deactivated
> > Dongle Model: Deactivated Dongle Version: 1.0 Expires: 1/1/2071 Blasted
> > On: 8/18/2009 Additional Options: Marquee Title Tool OMM Options
> > Transfer Manager Client Thankfully the software still launches
> > normally, with or without a dongle attached. The only hit on the
> > Knowledge base I could find regarding a "deativated dongle"
> > http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=290619&Hili\
> > te=Deactivated+Dongle
> > <http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=290619&Hil\
> > ite=Deactivated+Dongle> refers to Support Contract customers on Media
> > Composer 4.0 and News Cutter 8.0. This doesn't apply to me, as I'm
> > still at MC v3.5.9 and without a support contract. One of my concerns
> > (other than not being able to use my software) was that I may be
> > required to invoke a support contract from Avid to troubleshoot an issue
> > for an ont-of-warranty product, albeit an installation/activation issue.
> > Times are tough, and I don't have money to spend on a support contract
> > right now. Can anyone offer ideas about what's going on here?
> > Thanks. --Jesse--
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>


------------------------------------

Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged Haiti: http://www.redcross.org/en/donatemoney

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment