Saturday, November 14, 2009

[Avid-L2] Re: 720p 23.98-1080p q

I don't want any options. I just want it to work. That was my point I don't want to have to have to go through a bunch of options to get it to work. How many times do omfs etc... have to be redone because it wasn't set up the way the mixer's system works? I wasn't complaining about afe at all.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "ksirul" <kenavid2@...> wrote:
>
> What options do you want?
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> >
> > AFE now that's my kinda export. Anything that tells me there are no options to this export is my kinda format. If I wanted to think I'd have not been an editor, right? Squirrel Oh what was I saying?
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "ksirul" <kenavid2@> wrote:
> > >
> > > AFE not AAF. It links to the media. Client brought in a drive with the project media. I copied that to an MXF folder on my DS storage. In DS sequence prefs, you can set how to resize media. DS scaled to 1080. It looks good. I have to render the entire sequence but the render is about real time. A 54 minute sequence took about that long to render. Now I just import graphics that were created at 1080p And upconvert SD archive material (this is a doc) through an Alchemist and there you go.
> > >
> > > KEN
> > >
> > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Just for my own edification when you AAF'd the sequence is that with embedded or linked media? Did you in fact transcode to 1080 first? If not how is the DS taking the 720 media and making it 1080? Is it like SN where the project setting determines the output format. If your in a 1080 timeline but the media 720 how is that getting out of 720?
> > > >
> > > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "ksirul" <kenavid2@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > I'd rather get out of 720 ASAP and see whats going on in 1080, also for graphics. As far as DS finishing, our 2 Symphs are booked on another job which is fine because I much prefer DS anyway. Now that the sequence successfully opened in DS 1080p, I"m excited!
> > > > >
> > > > > KEN
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Ken why not cross convert on the way out to tape. I've done that with 720 P2 to output to 1080 23.98 Psf. Had no problems. Why go to DS at all?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "ksirul" <kenavid2@> wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Symph DX Nitris v 4.0
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Client edited with P2 footage in a 720p 23.98 DVCPro Sequence. Can I, and what is the quality, transcode this footage to 1080p 23.98 for finishing? I will probably move the MXF media over to DS for finishing but wondering if this transcode is possible and what the quality is like.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > KEN
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>


------------------------------------

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Everything you MUST know about Color Correction in one book: http://tinyurl.com/ColorCorectionforvideo Get your copy todayYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment