Friday, October 23, 2009

[Avid-L2] Consolidation Quandry?

So I get a sequence from the AEs that has been decomposed and recaptured at 1to1.  The media is spread out over several volumes on the San.  I create a volume to consolidate to.  First I relink the new episode to the media from previous episodes so I can maintain my unique clip names for merging color correction.  This works fine I then consolidate those clips to my new volume.  After I've repeated the process for all the previous episodes I then mount the other volumes to gain access to the new media required for the episode.  I then consolidate to the new volume I created which has the reused media from previous episodes already consolidated to it.  When I consolidate the rest of the media I check the option to skip media already on the target drive.  What I'm finding after consolidating this last time I end up with a lot of duplicate clips matching the ones I already consolidated from previous episode.  The AEs are using the commit multicam
before decomposing to there are no group clips in the way.  I understand why I might get duplicates if there was more media to the clip but most of the dup clips are the same exact duration.  Could the fact that I slightly modify the clip names in the previous episodes account for this?  It's my understanding that cosolidation just like relink is based on tape and timecode not clip name.  Any thoughts about this unexpected behavior?


John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:

http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Avid L2, Where the Answers are.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment