Monday, August 26, 2024

[Avid-L2] Using Avid for Quibi Programming Format? AKA a Vertical Video Project in Avid?

Years back they start Quibi streaming service with vertical video for mobile devices.  IIRC there was some documentation on how to achieve a Quibi formatted product using Avid.  I can't seem to find anything googling that seems like the paper that I am remembering.  My current project deliverables require some sort of mobile device versions which I assume to mean Vertical Video like Quibi was.  Can anyone point me in a direction.  I have friends that do this sort of thing in Premiere and I know Resolve has a setting there it will automatically reposition the shots to optimize the content in the vertical window.  Any suggestions if Avid can in fact do this. IIRC the paper I'm remembering came out back in the 2018.12ish days.  I'm currently working on 2018.12.15 but have access to the last 2023 Avid version if necessary.  

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment