Monday, July 24, 2023

[Avid-L2] OT: Way Off Topic iPhone Question

I know this is way off topic but there are a lot of really smart users
of Apple products on the L so I'm hoping to get some advice. My 2 year
old iPhone SE is starting to act very goofy.  Aside from the battery
life starting to diminish, it's developed three annoying problems. 
Other than these, I pretty much like the phone.

1) It randomly destroys outgoing emails.  I will tap out and send an
email (reply or new), hit send and think it has been sent.  The mail
simply disappears.  It is not in the "sent" or any other folder, just
gone.  I can verify that a message has been sent by looking for it in
the "sent" folder but this problem has resulted in a few embarrassing
situations.

2) The music player will randomly stop, then restart. Sometimes it will
go back to the beginning of the tune it was playing, sometimes it will
pick up where it left off, sometimes it will pick up somewhere else in
whatever was playing, sometimes it goes to something entirely different.

3) When I unlock the phone, random apps will be open.  Sometimes the
open apps are ones that I haven't used for months.

I've tried updating and refreshing apps and rebooting the entire phone. 
I'm not opposed to buying a new phone.  The main reason I went with the
SE is that I like having an actual "Home" button. OTOH, I wouldn't mind
having a slightly larger screen.  Any advice? Will I get used to not
having a "home" button if I go to a different phone?  Is there any way
to create some sort of a software home button on a newer iPhone?  Is it
worth trying to fix the problems with my current phone???  Many Thanks. 
--J.B.



-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#136256): https://groups.io/g/Avid-L2/message/136256
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/100332373/2971402
Group Owner: Avid-L2+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/Avid-L2/leave/5759084/2971402/1548653033/xyzzy [administrator242.death@blogger.com]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment