Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: Tips on Canine Blurring?

By far, the stupidest body part removals of my career happened shortly after the Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction fiasco. PBS made an overnight switch from allowing brief bits of actual body parts to psycho paranoid. Around that time I was working on a show about a WWII Army Air Force turret gunner. They made me remove any nipples that appeared in aircraft nose art. Aside from being an important part of history, a lot of those paintings are amazing art and I was forced to denipple it. I regret that I chose to make my work invisible, as if the painter had left them out or the paint had been worn off. In hindsight, I should have made big obvious blurs. 

Around the same time I was working on a documentary that had a scene that was shot in a prison. One of the inmates had a tattoo on his arm that was a line drawing of a Native American man wearing a war bonnet. He had nipples and they made me get rid of them. Apparently, someone didn't get the word that women didn't normally wear war bonnets. If a drawing has nipples, it must be a woman. BTW, several of the men in that same scene were shirtless. I guess their actual nipples weren't a problem. JB 

Sent frommy iPhone

On May 23, 2023, at 9:40 AM, avid_curren via groups.io <tcurren=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:



The silliest blurring is when they make you blur the phone number on a sign but the name and all other contact info are still there. What, no one knows how to use Google?

The weirdest blurring I ever did was on Alien Autopsy back in 1995. The doll (oops, I mean alien) had no genitalia. But the network thought it would look better if we blurred the crotch so it seemed like there was something there. Hours of my life wasted...
--
Terence Curren

Burbank, Ca
AlphaDogs: We Unleash Your Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment