Tuesday, April 25, 2023

[Avid-L2] Stacking BCC Title Studio?

Working on end credits that are pages.  I wanted to match the top banner line of two pages where the banner line is "Still Provided by."  One of the pages has one less line so the auto center makes the banner line jump.  I added a dummy blank line to the shorter page but there was still a slight jump in the banner line, I assume descenders factor in.  I figured I could stack the pages in the timeline and open the BCC title studio interface and see the stack so I could adjust vertical position more efficiently while in the BCC interface.  For some reason the BCC interface doesn't show the BCC title studio effect on the layer below even though I have title studio to composite over video.  I tried rendering the lower layer title studio but still didn't work.  I finally did a video mixdown of the lower layer and that worked.

I can understand the effect nature of title studio factoring into the Title Studio interface not showing the title studio effect in a lower layer but I would think after the lower layer title studio is rendered it should act like the video mixdown but that doesn't seem to be the case.  It's almost like there is a "render in place" thing not happening.  I'm on Mojave with Avid 2018.12.15.

Is there some magic setting other than composite over video in BCC Title Studio that I'm missing?

I never had this issue with Title Tool!  ;-)

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment