Monday, April 24, 2023

[Avid-L2] OT: Is there a way to remove duplicate frames in After Effect or Avid using Motion editor for 2:2:2:4 Footage?

I've got some 30 Frame progressive footage that is 2:2:2:4 cadence.  I transcoded to DNxHR HQX in a 30P Avid project.  I'm cutting the footage into a 23.976 UHD timeline and then using the motion adapter promoted to set it to 100% so I get a frame for frame playback but the 2:2:2:4 cadence becomes more prominent given it playing 25% slower.  I played with the progressive repeat settings in the motion effects editor but I don't seem to achieving the pulldown removal I want.  I've tried to use after effects playing around with interpret footage but that only seems to deal with 2:3 or advanced pulldown.  I found a script thing that becomes an after effects effect for duplicate frame removal but I'm not versed in AE.  Am I missing something in how Avid deals with 2:2:2:4 footage in the motion effects editor?  I had never noticed the option of repeat frame in the pull down menus ot the motion effects editor before, but then I never looked for them before.

I'd really like to just take the original file and remove the duplicate progressive frame that happens every 5th frame.  Any suggestions?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment