Sunday, May 15, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid MC 2019.12.5 Floating Panels vs. Bins opening in Active Bin? Titler+ Promoting

Yes, I did hear that Titler+ has been improved somewhat in the latest versions so that it is workable, but I remember trying to use it on some 2019 version of Avid and it was pretty much unusable!

Since you're stuck with the current version of Avid and you don't want to run through the Marquee/title tool hoops, the only thing I could suggest is using the titling tools within something like Boris Continuum. I think it's called 3D objects and you can create some very fancy titles! If it's a budget problem with buying the plugin outright, - you can rent monthly for about $60.

Bruno

On 15/05/2022 02:49, John Moore via groups.io wrote:
Unfortunately the projects are in UHD so Title Tool won't work.  I realize you can sort of cheat and switch to HD and recreate the Titles but that is not how this facility has been working.  I'm trying to blend in to an existing Ecosystem.  I know there have supposedly been recent improvements in Titler+ but I don't think they have been updated in earlier versions.  I've also heard differing views on how much the latest improvements to Titler+ have improved it.  I was never a Marquee person as almost nothing ever came to me with Marquee Titles.  I know it was a fairly powerful tool but I want to leave the Fontology to my Chyron Operator.  Oh how I miss those days.  ;-)


On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 03:05 PM, Dave Hogan wrote:
Because you are on PC you should be able to use old AVID Titler or Marquee. It's only on Mac that the older 32 bit apps can't run.

My .02

Dave Hogan
Burbank, CA

On May 14, 2022, at 1:34 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
I'm finally working at a place that has gone past MC 2018.X.  I'm on Avid MC 2019.12.X  on a PC.
 
I generally hit the float all panels under workspaces menu but it seems whenever I open a new bin from the project window it opens as a new tab in an existing active bin.  Is there a setting that will make it open in it's on window.  I can drag it out of the bin and it is it's own window then but I want to emulate the behavior I've always had.  Is this possible.
 
Also the Hide/Show Sidebar options seem to be inconsistent and often greyed out.  I found if the bin is too narrow that effect the ability to show the sidebar but it often seems random why the three sidebar related menu items are functional or not.  Can someone shed some light on the Spirit of how these controls are supposed to work?
 
Bonus is they are having to use Titler+.  I promoted one title and it came up with the text but totally positioned wrong but 3 others came up blank.  I know Titler+ is iffy but to not even bring up the text at all is maddening.  Upgrading is not an option as this is a big facility and I have no control over that.  If anyone has found the be all of tutorials on Titler+ I'd appreciate the link.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment