Sunday, January 17, 2021

[Avid-L2] How to Export XDCam50 HD 12Ch .mov Quicktime?

I use to rely on my QTRef workflow to export a QTRef with 12 ch audio then take that into an older version of Adobe Media Encoder which still supported QTRef.  I could then export an XDCam50 QT .mov with 12 channels of audio.  At home I have newer versions of AME and they don't support any XDCam50 exports in QT .mov.  I can see them in the mxf op1A format but none in .mov.

Avid doesn't seem to like transcoding to XDCam50 so I'm told by my friend battling this issue.  He's got a new mac pro and an older system with a trashcan.  What would be the most efficient way to come out of Avid HD 23.976 timeline to end up with a 23.976 XDCam50 HD 12 discrete audio channel file?  He tried exporting an mxf op1A and bringing that into AME but it didn't like it and it doesn't seem to matter because AME doesn't allow an XDCam50 .mov export that we can find.

Why is this so challenging?  Or why am I being such a bone head not knowing how to do this.  We even checked Resolve but it doesn't seem to offer XDCam50 in QT container either.  What basic lay of the land has changed?  I know the newer MAC OS's have curtailed or eliminated the classic QT engine.  Is that at the root of this battle that use to work for me?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment