Sunday, January 17, 2021

[Avid-L2] Can't update video properties in QT7Pro when files is on a network drive?

Having figured out how to export a QT with XDCam 50 codec from Avid using Custom Export to QT I discovered that the resulting file has clean aperture turned on.  I can go in to the video properties and turn this off in QT7Pro and I see the effect but when I try to save the changes nothing happens.  Saving shows no error but then when I go to close the file I get the prompt to save changes.  If I click to save nothing happens and I'm stuck.  I can quit FCP7Pro but reopening the file and it's back to clean aperture because it never got saved.  This is with the file on my new QNAP which shows up as a network server or as a network drive.  To mount it I go to connect to server.  I can't save the change even moving the file to the root of the QNAP.  If I copy the file to my internal raid I can save the changes.  I recall hearing that QT7Pro or just QT in general had some issues with network drives or something like that.  I'm beginning to think that QT7Pro sees the QNAP as a Network Drive or Network Server and this is what's causing the issue.  Does anyone remember in greater detail what network drive etc... limitations QT has had in the past?  I've googled but not really finding anything that mentions inability to save video property changes to a .mov.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment