Tuesday, September 8, 2020

[Avid-L2] Avid Artist Color and Resolve?

I've had the Avid Euphonix branded Artist Color Panel for a long time but never really used it other than to test things.  I've taken it into resolve classes running iMacs and it seemed to work okay but I never really hammered on it.  I've tested it occasionally with Resolve and it seemed to work but again I never really put it through the paces as I was mostly testing connectivity.  I know it's not great but I did get it to work with the Avid baselight plugin and it seemed okay but I never spent much quality time on it.

Now I'm digging into Resolve more and I've got my mid 2012 macpro 12 core 3.46GHz GTX-680 in tower, Two TitanX GPUs in a cyclone microsystems expansion chassis and 64 GB of ram.  I turn off GPU scopes as that causes issues and I've confirmed that with my Resolve teacher.  Today the panel in Resolve 16 is super laggy and virtually unusable even though I'm only trying to use the wheels and hue offsets.  I don't recall the performance in classes on iMacs being this bad.  It's almost as bad as the way the panel works in Symphony.

I'm curious if anyone using the panel with Resolve has seen it's performance degrade with newer versions of Resolve?  My panel is old but hasn't been used much so I doubt it's mechanically defective but nothings impossible.  I'll see if I can borrow a BM panel to see if it's more responsive.

I know it's an old design but it really seem like something has gone south from how it use to work with Resolve.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment