Friday, July 3, 2020

[Avid-L2] Opening /Copying User Settings

Hi all,
 So I am on my brand spanking new homemade PC (I am a mac user, but could't see spending 12+k for a new macpro when I could build something  with the same (or more ) power.

Traditionally what I have always done is make a new user for a major new version (plainly a Windows version qualifies for me ; ) and then with that user open I have always opened my old user file and copied the keyboard. Everything else I remake from scratch but the KB has evolved over the years.

It seems that when I go to Settings/Users, I only get the option to open my previous user as opposed to just opening the user panes I want (in this case KEYBOARD) and copying a keyboard into my new USER list.  It used to be a really neat trick, you'd just get a second window full of your setting s and you could copy what you wanted to. Now all I get is CREATE, IMPORT, EXPORT, and UPDATE.

I imagine this feature is still there but how do I get to it? Other wise I am going to have to do what i used to do before I discovered this trick and print out the keyboards and then hope I can find all the commands I need, which is not always easy.

Please someone tell me that feature is there somewhere and where it is?

Thanks...eli

___________
eli tishberg
live director | editor
directoreditor.tv

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134601) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment