Sunday, February 9, 2020

[Avid-L2] Can't Import a ProTools AAF into Resolve but can into Avid?

Okay I've found that the protools aafs don't play nice in Resolve for me.  Perhaps it's something I don't understand about Resolve.  But the ProTools AAF that comes in fine to Avid won't import into Resolve.  I get a "can't find file error" and even when I point to the folder with the mxf files it doesn't work.  These are AAFs with embedded media.  I can't seem to import the original AAFs from ProTools and when I use the Avid media from the imported AAF it sees the clips as 25Fps and doesn't find matching time code but the mxf files do play and appear to have the correct level according to tone.

Another curious thing is that I also have wav files from ProTools that are 16 frames too short that have time code starting at 24:00:00:00 according to Resolve but they start at 00:00:00:00 in Avid.  The reason I'm trying to use the ProTools AAF is that it has more tail pad of silent audio so the tracks aren't 16 frames short.  Clearly the two systems interpret time code rolling over midnight a.k.a 24:00:00:00 differently.  Surprisingly when I AAF the wave files out of Avid into Resolve they do line up correctly even though Resolve sees them starting at 24:00:00:00 not 00:00:00:00 as Avid sees them.  I don't know why I don't get an error about not matching time code in Resolve.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment