Saturday, July 20, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: ISO New Techniques for Calibration by Eye

 

The most important control in any monitor is the RGB, both in high and low. 

It affects your color balance and gamma curve. It is the primary tool when electronically calibrating a monitor. 

And I agree with Terrence, use a probe and software. There are free software. And paid ones like ChromaPure are affordable. 

And with calibration, as more your learn the better you get. Soon <Delta 2 will be easy and you will be shooting for <Delta 1. 

DQS


On Jul 20, 2019, at 6:50 AM, yardley.david@yahoo.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I have found that the most critical adjustment on a monitor is the brightness.
This I set up using a PLUGE signal, adjusting it so I can only just make out the superblack.
I even put a second or so on the front of every playout for Qt and DVD viewing copies, so I can check how quicktime and different viewing OS and platforms handle it.
By feeding a Panny plasma RGB from Aja Lhi saturation is fixed and correct (I think...)
I white and black balance using an x-rite probe to D65.
Behind the monitor is an area of white dimly lit by Led lights tweaked to also be white.
(This has quite an influence, as when working where there is natural light, there is a big variation in how I grade images throughout the day.)
I have tried full probe checks with swept values sent to the monitor, but using Avid as the source and stepping through the charts is quite a faff with my setup, and the results are somewhat erratic.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Gowanus Canal <gowanuscanalstinks@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment