Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Is there a quality loss with a straight-import-then-export?

 

I wonder if the laptop simply wasn't up to the task of playing a large ProRes file, hence the sluggish playback. A consumer laptop with a slow, fragmented drive, especially if it has a bunch of apps left running (internet, MS Office, etc) is likely to struggle with ProRes.

But cables and connection may also have been an issue, yes.

D.

Sent from my mobile phone - please excuse spellung.
   
On 25 Nov 2015 7:42 p.m., "Mike Shen mikejshen@gmail.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>  
>
> Dave, thanks for the reply. The method you outline below is precisely what I did. I figured there would be no quality hit, but I've never been 100% sure. We watched the export down on a computer beforehand, but the actual screening took place with the laptop hooked up to TV (I wasn't there.) So I wonder if it was simply a fault with the TV or the computer-to-TV connection. Apparently they had to use a very long HDMI cable which they bought at the last minute. Could the length have been a factor?
>
> I realize that you usually see things on a TV display that you don't see on a computer display, but they were describing "hit-like" dropouts and sluggish motion on pans, etc — which seemed like an unlikely result of TV/computer discrepancies.
>
>
> -- 
>
>

Sent from my mobile phone - please excuse spellung.
   

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Ross <speckydave@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment