Friday, October 5, 2012

[Avid-L2] C300 footage solved

 

I had not downloaded the 64 bit version. That was one problem.

The other was stupid, and I should have known better, but it may help some other stupid person, so I will outline my error:

I was trying to use the AMA VOLUME option instead of AMA FILE.

When I copied the folders over from the card, I dragged the CONTENT folder from the card to my RAID, leaving it named CONTENT and not touching any of the other folder structure. I also had to copy ANOTHER card's worth of footage onto the same RAID, but of course, the folder name for THAT card was also "CONTENT." So, I created a folder on the RAID called "CURRENT PROJECT" and dropped the second card's CONTENT folder into that to keep it from overwriting the first card's information.

When I tried to AMA the first card, using VOLUME, I pointed at the CONTENT folder and the Avid didn't see any AMA-able files. But when I pointed at the second folder, that had the second CONTENT folder inside of it, it worked perfectly. Since that worked, I created another folder on the RAID called "CURRENT PROJECT2" and dropped the first CONTENT folder into it and then the AMA of those files also worked perfectly.

So the lesson is that the Avid is used to having you point to a CARD with the CONTENT folder IN it... and if you copy the CONTENT folder to a RAID or some other drive, you either need to put it into a folder on the RAID, or you have to point to the ENTIRE RAID, which of course, could import a LOT of stuff that you may not want.

Lesson learned. I swear I didn't have to do this with the Sony F3 footage or the P2 footage or the XDCAM footage that I've previously AMA'd from files copied to the RAID, but maybe I did and this is just a lesson RE-learned.

Steve Hullfish
contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment