Friday, September 14, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Merge color correction - Prog Segment behavior

 

Version 6.0.3 fixed the long standing, since V 3.5 or 4.0, master clip relational color correction bug. Perhaps in fixing that it also effected program segment merging. Just a guess on my part. Program side color correction segment and especially track have burned me the few times I inherited sequences that I never use them. They are an option on merge but I've never used them so I've never tried to merge them. Sounds like I have a weekend project. I would agree Program segment should not merge. I just checked on my V5.5.3 mac sndx os 10.6.8 and although the categories appear in the merge list they are sort of greyed out and the check box is smaller than the others and won't highlight on Program Segment and Src Segment. Given my system's behavior I don't see how you could merge them if you can't highlight them. I'm in an SD 30I project which shouldn't matter but you never know until you try.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "pestes_r" <film@...> wrote:
>
> This is a general question about the behavior of the Prog Segment function in merging sequences, to my understanding its behavior should be like the Src segment, meaning you can't merge those from one sequence to another and can apply them only once on a local sequnece. However i find that in version 5.5.3 I can merge those Prog Segment corrections between sequences, in version 6 or 6.5 it doesn't seem to happen. Is this is just a bug in version 5?
>
> Ronen
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment