Saturday, January 22, 2011

[Avid-L2] FREE FCP -> Avid Media Composer classes at San Francisco Supermeet!

 

For anyone who is going to the San Francisco Final Cut Pro User Group Supermeet, I will be presenting three FREE classes on making the transition from FCP to Avid.

Obviously, we're not talking about abandoning FCP for Avid, but being proficient and capable with BOTH. As a long-time Avid AND FCP editor (1992 on Avid, 2001 on FCP), I offer up all of the ways FCP folks can leverage their current editing skills when using Avid Media Composer AND show some of the cool things that are exclusively available in Avid that you may want to take advantage of.

I did a training DVD for Class on Demand - "Avid Media Composer for Final Cut Pro Editors" - and I heard from some experienced former Avid editors who were surprised at some of the cool new features that had been added since they switched to FCP, so the classes should appeal to a lot of folks. It's always good to have a sense of what's possible on Avid and how easily you might be able to take an "Avid" job if it came your way. Bring your toughest "I hate Avid because..." questions. Chances are, I'll have an answer that helps you. If I don't, maybe Avid will hear your plea and fix it! (I dare you to say "Avid is modal.") Seriously, I'm a big fan of FCP and Avid, so you're not going to hear any FCP-bashing from me. This is about finding the right tool and using it correctly. Sometimes that tool is Avid and sometimes it's FCP.

I hope you'll join me for one of the three FREE sessions. (It's really THREE opportunities to sit in on the SAME presentation.)

For those that don't know me, I've co-written two books on Avid editing and two books on color correction. I just finished co-editing a feature which will be released in theaters by Sony/Tristar this September, called "Courageous" which was shot on RED and cut on Final Cut Pro. I also edited for The Oprah Winfrey Show (all Avid) and Bill Kurtis' "Investigative Reports" and "Cold Cases" (all Avid Symphony). My production company - Verascope Pictures - mostly does entertainment marketing - trailers, sizzle reels, TV and radio spots - for clients like Universal Studios, Sony Pictures, NBC TV, PBS Kids, Jim Henson Entertainment and VeggieTales. Man, I'm almost starting to believe the hype myself!

To register:

http://sf2011workshops.eventbrite.com/

Steve Hullfish
contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"
co-author: "Color Correction for Video: revised edition," "Avid Xpress Pro Editing Workshop" and "Avid XpressDV On the Spot"
presenter: Class On Demand's "Complete Training for Avid Media Composer" AND "Complete Training for Apple Color"
www.classondemand.net/media/final-cut-training/color01.aspx

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment