Friday, December 11, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Some Success taking Premier Project into Avid

 

"That makes it impossible to know which Clip to link the file to."


Gosh, it's worked perfectly for me over multiple projects between FCP7 and Baselight. Same with FCPX. There's something wrong in your operational procedure. The big problem here is Media Composer from what I can tell in your description.

"The Camera ID is redundant to the A001 digits when they are properly setup in the camera"

Incorrect. The first numbers are user-determined. The camera ID is unique to the camera. User numbers can be duplicated, but camera IDs can't. Therefore it's a unique identifier.

"In my use of these camera's media I need to know which camera and which clip."

The file name tells you this.

"I'm handed a drive with all the files on it so I never refer to cards"

If these aren't stored in individual folders on the drive corresponding to the cards, then your procedure is wrong.

- Oliver

__._,_.___

Posted by: oliverpeters@oliverpeters.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment