Friday, December 11, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Some Success taking Premier Project into Avid

 

No it's a poor choice when truncated to the first 4 charachter and the last 4 characters.  Like I posted A001C001, A001C002, A001C003, A001C004 all become A001 and the last 4 camera ID digits.  That makes it impossible to know which Clip to link the file to.  These are all files not tapes.  I know they are trying to fit into the EDL ecosystem but without the clip numbers even if I know the card it came from I can't select the correct clip on the card using the tape name they default to.  The Camera ID is redundant to the A001 digits when they are properly setup in the camera.  What would be better is the Card info and the clip it is on the card.  In my use of these camera's media I need to know which camera and which clip.  I'm handed a drive with all the files on it so I never refer to cards and given the cost of media cards I don't think too many people are keeping all the original cards as the archive.  Perhaps I'm wrong on that but I don't think so.



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <oliverpeters@...> wrote :

"Pretty much a poor choice by Alexa because while they make the ending 4 numbers the camera ID they truncate the real file important number of 5 thru 8.  Losing the C001, C002"

No, it's correct. It's a REEL/TAPE number. C001, C002 is the clip identifier. I would content that having a reel number that changes with every file is incorrect, since the reel number can be used to identify the card from which the file came from. And IF you are working with an EDL, not all EDL programs can deal with more than 8 digits for a reel/tape name. It seems that you just need to get a DIT that correctly understands the camera. Apparently the file was renamed after the file left the camera.

- Oliver

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment