Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Re: [Avid-L2] Delivery Spec Curiosity? 30 and 20 second durations?

From memory, some broadcasters want their 2 or 3 frames black interval between spots encoded in the file. That could explain it.
I don't know what Switch is, but counting frames is not that difficult.

Bouke / edit 'B

videotoolshed.com
Van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS Nijmegen, the Netherlands
+31 6 21817248
If you want to send me large files, please use:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/

On 17 Oct 2024, at 06:31, Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com> wrote:

The only reason someone would write this spec is if they were constricted to use an app that tells time in a specifically bad way. I'm sure Switch is a decent program, but if it shows a 30 second spot as 30:03, it is a total failure.

I would just ignore it. 30 seconds is 30 seconds. We're not dumb, they are.

On Wed, Oct 16, 2024 at 5:30 PM John Moore via groups.io <bigfish=pacbell.net@groups.io> wrote:
Today's addition to my file deliveries was this note:
 
Duration: in Switch, :30 promos should be exactly :30.03, :20 promos should be :20.01 –
 these must be frame exact.
 
I do not understand this at all why would the network want the 30 second to be technically 4 frames over 30 second and the 20 second to be 2 frames over.  In my book and Avid's my last frame should be :29 given we are delivering in 29.97.  What am I missing here?  Even applying Drop vs. Non Drop it makes no sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment