Thursday, July 27, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] Batch Script help? #OffTopic #workflow

I've tried Post Haste in the past, I just downloaded it again to give it another go and remembered why I opted for a .bat file instead.

With Post Haste, it seems that you can't store your template on a networked drive or share, which is a deal breaker for me.

Another aspect of my batch script (I didn't include the full code in my original post to protect my client) is that it also creates directories on other networked drives. So, in addition to creating the basic project structure on the shared storage, it also puts a "Final Deliverables" folder on a network share that the producers can access from anywhere on their company laptop. Post Haste seems only to build your template in one location. Meaning, the editor would have to remember to create the final deliverables folder separately and may not input the project number/name correctly or in the right format.

I'm still open to any other ideas.


--
kenton van natten, post-production mercenary
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#136262) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #offtopic | Mute #workflow
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment