Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] 23.976fps to 25fps

I may be mistaken, but doesn't Symphony do this?



On Mar 21, 2023, at 1:47 PM, Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Pierre,

Speed up is the best way, but it may have issues with audio pitch and run time for your client. Pitch can be slowed down with a competent audio engineer. If that works for you, it's no visual loss.

Next best that I've used is the software Grass Valley Alchemist PhC+ with motion compensation and cut detection. IFyou have access. It's so pricey it's ridiculous to venture down that road, but if you can, it's nearly miraculous.

Beyond that, Resolve's Optical Flow at Best is good, and sometimes, its AI Speed Warp is good. But these are prone to artifacts and MUST be done on a shot by shot basis.

I can't really recommend anything else. I wish I knew of others but this is the extent of my knowledge set. 

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 4:38 PM Pierre via groups.io <ph=cineaste.org@groups.io> wrote:
It's been a while since I was asked to help a low-budget do a 23.976fps film conversion to 25fps. These days, what's best? Any software recommendation?
Thanks!
Pierre



No comments:

Post a Comment