Friday, August 30, 2019

[Avid-L2] Painful Learning Curve on IMF creation

 

Just so nobody has to go through this but me beware when creating IMFs, or any other export I assume, in Resolve make sure you don't mute any of the needed audio tracks before going to the delivery page.  Part of the process is taking my Avid AAF with the DPX video and wav audio stems into Resolve then link grouping the first 6 channels as 5.1 and the 7&8 channels to a 2.0 group.  This tells Resolve to make the IMF with two interleaved tracks that become pcm.mxf files in the IMF folder.

Well guess who was trying to learn more about the fairlight buss format and buss assign to facilitate being able to toggle between main 1 (5.1 track) and main 22 (2.0 track) monitoring to the control room feed?  And also guess who in the process used the mute button on the various mains to check if I was monitoring the correct buss?  If you answered Supreme Chuckle Head John Moore you would be right.  This lead to a 10 plus hour render, do to scaling 4096_2160 to UHD, that is now worthless.  Now if I wanted to be all hip and cool I could just do a supplemental imf with just the stereo track but since this is my first delivery I don't want it to come out of the gate that way.

Now if you also guess I'd be sleeping on the couch tonight because the expansion chassis on my mac pro is next to my bed and it sounds like a jet is taking off you win a bonus prize.

I knew it was a bad Omen when OKI Dog was closed at 10P last night on my way home from work.

So beware of the mute buttons that easly scroll out of sight in the display.  You have been warned.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment