Saturday, December 5, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Okay so I did and Fing Avid Mixdown now I get the double video mixdown whammy?

 

-no second video mixdown required
-no audio mixdown needed

whole process is slightly faster than RT and reliable. We're doing this everyday on various shows with zero problems.

cheers,
BG



From: "John Moore bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: yahoogroups <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 2:05 PM
Subject: [Avid-L2] Okay so I did and Fing Avid Mixdown now I get the double video mixdown whammy?

 
So on a tight turn around show I committed to the Avid mixdown workflow for frame rate conversion and I ended up getting burned by my own mistake.  I mixed down the 23.976 to ProRes, the delivery format, and then opened a mixdown only sequence in a 59.94 1080I project.   Pulldown was perfect etc....  From there I went to save as and in my haste okay'd through the part where it tells me the sequence is a non native format and it will make an Avid DNX220X instead of a ProRes.  I'm assuming and about to correct this by making a second mixdown to ProRes while in the 59,94 project and using that to save a same as source.  I'm pretty sure that will work but I've always glossed over the part in people's work flows where they mention a second mixdown.

In the past I've done this but the deliverables were to be Avid DNX anyways so I didn't flag the gotcha until now.  I know this is the best way to assure a solid file but what a double pain in the arse.  The other issue is because the audio stems are 23.976 I have to do audio mixdowns of each track while in the 59.94 project or I get the prompt I must select audio mixdowns in the export settings.  Is there a way to avoid that prompt in an elegant manner.  I could try reimporting the aaf into the 59.94 project but it's a 23.976 ProTools AAF so I doubt that would work.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net


__._,_.___

Posted by: Bogdan Grigorescu <bogdan_grigorescu@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment