Friday, September 11, 2015

[Avid-L2] More XDCam nonsense with 720P 59.94 proxy vs. full rez?

 

So now we've started using XDCam on some projects which is great for the image over DVCProHD but today we got a multicamera studio shoot and they recorded at 720P/59.94.  I have no idea why they choose this over 1080 59.94I.

In testing we found that to use legacy XDCam import the proxies will only legacy import in a 720 29.97P project and the full rez 50 mbits will only legacy import in a 720P/59.94 project.

After legacy importing the proxies in the 29.97P 720 project they are mpeg 4 SD30I.  The full rez imported in the 59.94 720 project are 50 mbits.

I did a quick 4 shot sequence in the 720 29.97P project using the proxies.  I then took the sequence into the 720P 59.94 project and modified it to the current project format.  I was then unable to relink the sequence to the high rez material.  I checked and unchecked all the usual relink choices and even tried the relink to selected items in open bins where I had the high rez clips in the same bin as the sequence.

This seems like such a simple thing with one disk on the same mac computer but I can't get it to relink to the high rez clips.  Am I missing something obvious?

On another note I have already mentioned I don't know why they would shoot 720P to begin with.  I'm still of the Old School, "Friends don't let friends edit 720P"  Our current issues of basic relinking seem to legitimize this feeling but I'm sure there must be a good reason they choose this format in a studio shoot.  Why doesn't anybody think to consult post first?  Oh wait, 10, 9, 8,......  At this rate I'm going to have more countdowns on the L2 than Jeff S.  ;-(
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment