Thursday, June 11, 2015

[Avid-L2] An inherited project with no tape numbers

 

I just started work on a new project that had just been moved from FCP to Media Composer and when I saw there were no tape numbers, I assumed it was a product of the transfer.  But it turns out there were never any tape numbers assigned - some of the media was from tape, some file based.  I've been sorting the material for the last week and now I need to assign numbers, somewhat arbitrarily.  Disk labels seem to be the easiest route, but I'm not clear how "binding" they are in terms of linking back to the original files.  Would this work out or should I assign actual source names to the clips?  


All the material is AMA at the moment, but I plan on transcoding once the numbers are assigned.  


Thanks.  

__._,_.___

Posted by: fallendown79@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment