Saturday, August 23, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Dongles updates deadline?

 

On 8/24/14 11:00 AM, John Beck jb30343@windstream.net [Avid-L2] wrote:
 

I doubt it will have much of an effect on people who are using it as a
professional tool, day in and day out. What it will affect are people
who keep a copy on an extra system at home or their notebook or wherever
for occasional use. It will also drive off some people who make their
living using other systems but like to keep a copy of MC around just in
case. I have no idea how many people that is. I suspect it's quite a few.
--J.B.

Well I'm one.

As a small post house owner I spend all my time in Nuke, Flame or Smoke, I also end up loading client offlines made in FCP. I dont have to do that with Avid offlines as the Avid editors send me EDLS that just work.

BUT ive had an avid (or several) pretty much continuously since 89 so I keep upgrading out of habit. I upgraded to new software Avid around v5 and have paid for and either not installed or barely launched 5.5, 6, 7 and 8. I won't be deterred be a few hundred bucks here and there from staying current but to be honest I know thats probably 50% nostalgia at this point and also the hope that at some point it will make me some money.

Im FAR from the average user here though as I primarily am an online guy on TVCs, though I do still cut the odd doco for friends. Also as I have the heavy lifting tools for online I dont hit the walls others here do when I do use Avid. As an edit system there's still nothing else I'd rather cut in but I tend to inherit jobs that have made the system choice long before I get involved, Ive even had some TVCs lately that were cut in Lightworks for the first time in a decade.

best regards

Mike

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Mike Parsons.tv@gmail.com" <mikeparsons.tv@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

Yahoo Groups
Did you Know?
Learn about creating and deleting Groups Tables


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment