Saturday, March 10, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Digital equivalent to SOT

 

Wait I grew up with TV term MOS for man on the street which now is sometimes called SOT or the more confusing OTF, which I'm told is for "On The Fly" but is used to describe MOS, SOT, or sound bite. These days when I get an SOT of some SOB and it's shot on the Canon 5D MOS and I have to find the audio WTF is an editor supposed to do with all these BFD's. I for one wouldn't mind going back to a time when the only concern was whether it was 3/4 to 1 inch or beta to 1 inch and how big was my switcher.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, electropura212 <electropura212@...> wrote:
>
> NMOS
>
> Not mit out sound
>
> On Friday, March 9, 2012, RobertL <rlandau@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> > SOB - Sound on Bits
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Frank Felker <FJFelker@> wrote:
> >>
> >> I labeled a bin today as having SOT clips and it got me wondering if
> there
> >> is a modern digital term for the same thing.
> >>
> >> SIF - sound in file ?
> >> CWS - clip with sound ?
> >>
> >> Just musing ...
> >>
> >> Frank Felker
> >>
> >>
> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment