Saturday, February 18, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Got to playing with V6 a bit...

 

When I took CMX class in the summer of 83 it was 340X, edge and something else. I think the 600 might have been around but it was a little later I saw a 6000 demo in Hollywood. They did have the 340's in the lab controlling laser discs for some of the source media. Maybe Jim C remembers the proper chronology.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Pete Opotowsky <popix@...> wrote:
>
> Not to be picky, but didn't the 600/6000 predate 340/3400?
>
> --
> Pete O
> POP Pictures
> Orlando
>
>
>
> On 2/17/2012 11:53 PM, johnrobmoore wrote:
> >
> > We didn't have those problems with CMX as the versions jumped by the
> > thousands 340 to 3400 to 3600 and 6000. Those big number hops were
> > really impressive of course I was a little younger then, uh I mean
> > younger when I read about them in my editing ancient history class I
> > just finished last year. I just can't wait to break into the business
> > and make a whopping $18.00 an hour. Funny I didn't make much more than
> > that when I started at ABC back in the day but the massive hours and
> > editing upgrade made it a good living.
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Greg Huson <Greg@> wrote:
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment