Friday, May 20, 2011

Re: [Avid-L2] Smart Tools tryiing to be open minded?

Then it's probably me accidentally selecting segments before hitting T
without noticing it? The funny thing is, I can't really tell right now
because most of the stuff I do is muscle-memory by now. I'll actually
have to deliberately watch what I'm doing.

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:05, Roger Shufflebottom
<rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>
>
> I think that 'T' (Mark Clip) honours any selected segments instead of adjacent
> cuts on active tracks. Not sure if it always did this.
>
> With Best Wishes,
>
> Roger Shufflebottom
>
> ________________________________
> From: Christian Foerster <public@braintrash.de>
> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Fri, 20 May, 2011 9:06:19
> Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Smart Tools tryiing to be open minded?
>
> I for one try to welcome our Smart overlords.
>
> I have SmartTools enabled (except for the red trim one) and most of the
> time, I can get things done more quickly (I often move clips around in the
> timeline anyway).
>
> Some quirks (in NC 9.03, not sure if they're still there):
>
> 1. Oon Adrenaline systems, the cursor-change is extremely laggy. A giant
> PITA if you want to trim but are really moving a segment.
>
> 2. when I try to mark a segment (T), often either the same or completely
> different segments become selected (in segment mode). The in- and Out-Marks
> are at the correct place, but it is still incredibly annoying.
>
> Other than that, I've actually started to like the Smart Tools quite a bit.
>
> Bye,
> Christian
>
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:43, Roger Shufflebottom
> <rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > I think you are a little late on the discussion on this. I think that they
> > are
> > in there to help newcomers to the system who have expectations as to what
> > can be
> > done in the Timeline. I think the best way is to activate the ones you want
> > then
> > toggle them on and off with the KB. Taking the audio KF toggle out of the
> > smart
> > tools in 5.5 has helped.
> >
> > With Best Wishes,
> >
> > Roger Shufflebottom
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
> > To: Avid L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
> > Sent: Wed, 18 May, 2011 1:03:26
> > Subject: [Avid-L2] Smart Tools tryiing to be open minded?
> >
> >
> > Admittedly I haven't hammered on smart tools much. Turning them off seems
> > to be
> > just fine for me. My impression is probably skewed by most of my work being
> >
> > online and finishing but I don't really see smart tools giving me anything
> > I
> > didn't already have just with a slightly different activation method.
> > Curious
> > what gems I might be missing out on. What have people found in the way of
> > new
> > techniques enabled by smart tools. Not trying to be negative here I want to
> >
> > increase my efficiency.
> >
> > John Moore
> >
> > Barking Trout Productions
> >
> > Studio City, CA
> >
> > bigfish@pacbell.net
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
> --
> http://www.filmeschneider.de
> http://www.avidscreencast.com
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:
> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
>
> If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell
> phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next
> cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>


--
http://www.filmeschneider.de
http://www.avidscreencast.com


------------------------------------

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment