Saturday, June 12, 2010

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: ScriptSync & v5

Yeah, when I'm working on productions that allow me to digitise my own footage (which I'm a big fan of, and can't understand why some of my peers see as being beneath them... It's the best way to get acquainted with your footage, surely), and no transcriptions are being made, then I'll use red green and blue locators to transcribe as I digitise. I mark the start of a statement with a red marker, then I keep tapping away on the blues as I go, loosely paraphrasing what's being said, then at each out opportunity I mark a green (I know it might seem strange to start with red and green for stop, but it's just what I got used to).

It's a great wee system, and I've been doing it for years. Then I use the locators window to search for keywords, and if it's a huge pile of footage then I'll make some PDF's, which I or the director can search.

But you just can't beat ScriptSync.

On 12 Jun 2010, at 14:16, "Bouke" <bouke@editb.nl> wrote:

> Trouble is, before you can use ScriptSync, you need a (tran)script.
> And i never ever have one...
> However, i can listen / understand spoken text at 2x playspeed.
>
> Now a major feature request, half the pitch at double playspeed.
>
> Bouke
>
> VideoToolShed
> van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
> 6512 AS NIJMEGEN
> The Netherlands
> +31 24 3553311
> www.videotoolshed.com
> For large files:
> http://dropbox.yousendit.com/BoukeVahl998172
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Job ter Burg (L2B)" <Job_L2@terburg.com>
> To: <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2010 12:33 PM
> Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: ScriptSync & v5
>
> > "Nigel Gourley" (6/12/10 12:02 PM) :
> >
> >> Maybe you could look at it another way. I guess 90% of the people using
> >> MC
> >> don't use script sync so why would they want to pay for a feature they
> >> just
> >> aren't going to use.
> >
> > The same goes for many other features.
> > Why would video folks pay for Keykode tracking, 24p PAL, RGB color
> > space....
> > Etc?
> >
> > But the darnest thing is: you need to work with ScriptSync before you love
> > it. But you have to have it before you can work with it.
> >
> > --
> > Job ter Burg
> > film editor - NL
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Please donate to the Red Cross to help those in earthquake ravaged Chile: http://tinyurl.com/y8pgceq

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment